Job Title: Executive Director
This is a full-time position working out of our Indianapolis office. (Note: This position may begin as remote in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.) Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
Founded in 2014 in response to the deficit of gender-affirming providers and support systems in Indiana, GenderNexus is the only nonprofit organization in the state focusing efforts solely on these communities with a commitment to pursue gender equity and gender justice. We do this by:
- Ensuring transgender and nonbinary people in Indiana can successfully navigate services and systems with fewer barriers.
- Offering programs and services led by and for members of the community where people can connect and address relevant issues.
- Building a strong, bold coalition of transgender and nonbinary people who feel inspired and compelled to confront personal, interpersonal, institutional, and cultural oppression.
In partnership with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director provides vision, leadership, strategic direction, and management and is responsible for ensuring GenderNexus achieves programmatic excellence, financial stability, and organizational growth. This role is responsible for much of the administration and operations including:
- Budgeting and financial management
- Strategic planning
- Marketing and partnership development
- Community engagement, included presentations
- Training, coaching, and evaluation of staff, interns, and volunteers
The successful candidate will be a highly effective communicator and strategic thinker with the ability to work independently to manage day-to-day operations and long-term vision with the support of the Board of Directors. Critical to success in this position is an understanding of issues affecting transgender and nonbinary people as well as an understanding of how racism, classism, ableism, and other systems of interconnected oppressions affect transgender and nonbinary people:
- Previous management and leadership experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading and developing revenue and daily operations to support existing programs
- Financial acumen with experience developing and implementing an annual budget
- Demonstrable experience leading, setting, and implementing organizational growth
- Experience building and implementing a fundraising plan, specifically an annual fund
- Program development, implementation, and evaluation
- Senior level experience working with a volunteer base and effective volunteer engagement
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred in Nonprofit Management, Business Management, or Gender Studies. Desired skills include knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and various social media platforms. Some travel required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Board@GenderNexus.org by September 12, 2020.
GenderNexus is an equal opportunity employer who follows all federal, state, and local employment laws. GenderNexus is committed to providing equal opportunity to every applicant without discrimination based on ethnicity, nationality, race, religion, creed, age, ability, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, relationship status, or relationship structure. GenderNexus offers reasonable and fair accommodations during the application process, the interview, and every other aspect of employment. Transgender and nonbinary persons, including people of color, are especially encouraged to apply.